Dear TAO Friends, Fans and Homeowners,
After a year of great change and inspired intention setting, 2013 could be a year of clear steps and progress toward your goals - the choice is yours. Here are a few tips that will help you start the new year off well:
1. Commit your goals and life visions to paper. Writing your intent will make it more clear for you. Be sure to be as specific as possible and describe your desired outcomes with detail.
2. Create a way to monitor your progress. Break your goals down into steps and action plans. Assign due dates and simple ways to measure if you are on track or off track for each goal.
3. Get an accountability coach. Tell a friend or hire a professional to help you review your intentions and actions plans. Ask them to check in with you regularily to review your progress and challenges.
4. Plan to fail. It sounds harsh, but now that you have plans to succeed, consider what are your backup plans for when things don't go well? Who will you talk to, who will help, how will you get back on track?
5. Celebrate! Make sure you set a date in the future to review and acknowledge any progess you have made. Life doesn't have to be perfect to be worth celebrating.
Good luck with your goals in 2013! If you need help or coaching, feel free to drop me a note, or check out the book "Making Yourself Indespensable" by my own mentor, Mark Samuel.
Jonathan Ellerby PhD
CEO, TAO Inspired Living